Quality in Careers Standard
We are proud to announce the awarding of Quality in Careers Standard, via The Investors in Careers, with the school fully meeting all the criteria for Commitment, Organisation, Delivery and Evaluation. We thank all of our stakeholders for their input and assistance in achieving this prestigious award.
Strengths of the school were list as:
- Strong Senior Management and Governor support
- Committed and well-organised Careers Leader
- Student centred approach to careers work
- Clear and comprehensive documentation
- Ongoing review, evaluation and development of the CEIAG programme
Areas for development for this year:
Make use of the national 'framework for careers, employability and enterprise education' (CDI)
- Each of the 17 areas of learning listed in the above CDI framework have been selected by individual teachers to deliver in their specialist subjects. Evidence of when this has been delivered is collected by the careers leader.
- Using the 17 areas of learning listed in the above CDI framework teaching staff to highlight where careers work is taking place within their area of the curriculum and to identify any gaps.
- Additional CPD for teachers and teaching assistants on Apprenticeships by KATO.
- Review of virtual work experience to plan year 10 work experience alternative for 2021.
- Appointment of Enterprise advisor through the Careers and Enterprise Company. Penny Reid Founder of EXIMIA.