The Rowans Achieve AcSeed Award 2021
The Rowans AP is overjoyed to have been recognised for its support of pupil and staff mental health and emotional wellbeing with the AcSEED Award.
The AcSEED Award is a quality assurance mark presented to schools that have made a substantial effort to support the mental health of their staff and students. It encourages and rewards the provision of high- quality emotional wellbeing services, from the broad provision of information right through to appropriately targeted intervention. Based on best practices, the scheme defines a set of standard criteria that all schools must meet in order to receive the award.
A thorough assessment of all of the school’s systems, policies and practices was carried out and an evidence trail examined by the AcSeed team.
The AcSEED review team were impressed with many aspects of our provision, including:
- Strong focus and ethos around emotional wellbeing and mental health.
- Dedicated interventions and mental health lead with good level of mental health and wellbeing training including MHFA.
- Trauma-informed practice framework.
- Use of measures to assess impact of therapeutic interventions.
- Comprehensive mental health policy.
- Termly values day.
- Broad range of interventions and therapies.
- Excellent information and signposting on school website for pupils and parents/carers, available through a dedicated and highly visible Mental Health and Wellbeing section.
- Wellbeing and mental health supported through remote learning platform during Covid lockdown.
- Staff wellbeing checklist.
- Gold Medway Workplace Wellbeing Award.
- Weekly enrichment drops.
- On-site counsellor.
- Extensive mental health and wellbeing training to all staff.
- Strong focus on staff wellbeing, including well informed wellbeing framework.