At The Rowans we recognise that as a school we have a crucial role to play in educating our young people about the digital world that we live in. With social media readily available it is vital that we educate our young people about the threats the internet poses.
Attached below is a document with useful information for parents and carers on online safety at The Rowans.
- Cyber Choices - Make the right choice.
- Net Aware - Your guide to social networks, apps and games.
- CEOP - Child Exploitation and Online Protection command
- Thinkuknow - Education programme from NCA-CEOP an education which protects children.
- Childnet - A non-profit organisation working with others to help make the internet a great and safe place for children.
- UK Safer Internet Centre - Online safety tips, advice and resources to hep children and young people stay safe online.
Rowans Help Email Address:
A new email address firstname.lastname@example.org has been setup which parents, pupils and others can use to contact us with any concerns about pupil safety or well-being.
The inbox for this email will be monitored during term time between the hours of 8.00am and 4.30pm, Monday to Friday. Those who make contact outside of these hours will be directed to alternative agencies as detailed below.
- If you are a pupil and believe you are in immediate danger or are ringing on behalf of a pupil you believe may be in immediate danger then please contact the police on either 999 or 101.
- If you have concerns about the wellbeing of a child then please contact either Medway Social Services on: Monday to Friday between 9am to 5pm on 01634 334 466 or Out of hours on 03000 419 191. ChildLine are also a good source of support: 0800 11 11.
- Further out of hours support visit the Medway Safeguarding Partnership for further advice: https://www.medway.gov.uk/mscb/info/5/mscb-1/34/worried-child
We hope you will find this additional service useful. Please contact the school with any queries.