We monitor attendance and punctuality closely and if there are concerns, we work with the pupils, parents/carers and the Attendance Advisory Practitioner to support improvement.
Holidays during the school term are not permitted and will not be authorised.
Regular attendance is essential if pupils are to achieve their full potential. We expect all pupils to have good attendance. The attendance target for all pupils is at least 96%.
- Parents/carers must telephone the school on the first day of absence and subsequent days thereafter.
- If an absence is longer than two days then medical evidence must be provided.
The Attendance Advisory Service (AAS) are the enforcement agency and work with the Headteacher to improve attendance via scheduled weekly meetings. Referrals are made to AAS in the following circumstances;
- 4 or more unauthorised absences during the academic year.
- If an absence is longer than 2 days and medical evidence is not provided.
- If there appear to be patterns of non-attendance, e.g. every Monday or regular 2 day absences.
It is important that pupils attend on a regular basis. However, there may be occasions when a pupil is unable to attend due to ill health or for other legitimate reasons.
It is essential that the school is notified of any absence by telephone or text by 8:30am
|The Rowans Timetable|
|Monday - Friday|
|Breakfast Club||8:15 - 8:40|
|Registration||8:40 - 8:45|
|Period 1||8:45 - 9:45|
|Period 2||9:45 - 10:45|
|Break||10:45 - 11:00|
|Period 3||11:00 - 12:00|
|Period 4||12:00 - 1:00|
|Lunch time||1:00 - 1:25|
|Registration||1:25 - 1:30|
|Period 5||1:30 - 2:30|
|Registration||2:30 – 2:45|
Attendance and Punctuality Policy
- Our attendance and punctuality policy can be found on our policies page a this link here.