The welfare of pupils is high priority and is supported by the whole staff team. The Rowans have a dedicated welfare and attendance lead who gives targeted support to pupils and their families. Alongside this there is a comprehensive interventions offer which includes therapeutic interventions, identified from SDQ data as well as staff and self-referrals. The form tutor plays an important role in supporting the personal and character development of pupils.
The wellbeing of pupils is a key priority for the school. We want all our pupils to develop the skills to manage their emotions appropriately and the resilience to be able to cope with the demands of their lives. The safeguarding team offer support and guidance for pupils and their families. The safeguarding team have champion areas, this specialist expertise means that pupils and families can be signposted to specialist support agencies and organisations.
Welfare support is ALWAYS non-judgemental at The Rowans may include:
- 1:1 welfare interventions sessions with pupils
- Advice and signposting to health professionals
- Advice and signposting to mental health professionals
- Opportunity to talk and explore feelings and emotions
- Supply of hygiene products
- Support with the cost of uniform
- Referral to the Medway foodbank
- Short term/emergency transportation to and from school
- Support for parents/carers with various issues such as; finance, court, housing, addiction, administration and paperwork.
COMING SOON……….Parenting Course