ASSISTANT HEADTEACHER - April 2019 start
Leadership Range L2-L6 (£40,966-£45,213)
The Inspiring Change MAT is offering a great opportunity for an outstanding practitioner with relevant experience to join the current leadership team of The Rowans AP Academy.
The Rowans is an outstanding key stage 3 and 4 alternative provision which is part of the Inspiring Change MAT. This is an exciting time for the Trust, as we work towards opening a new primary AP Free school, The Beeches. It is our intention to establish further provisions, such as post-16, whilst maintaining the outstanding work of The Rowans AP Academy.
The successful postholder will need to demonstrate outstanding teaching and leadership skills and will be given the opportunity to develop their professional skills as the role evolves.
Specific areas of responsibility will include:
- To work closely with the current Assistant Headteacher and supporting the Headteacher
- To work with the senior ICT, data and exams officer in producing a termly data report, analysing this performance data and effectively setting whole school targets to ensure maximum pupil progress.
- To represent the Academy on the MTSA CPD group.
- To ensure that the progress and attainment of certain groups of pupils are tracked and monitored and effective plans are in place for them to reach required levels.
- To ensure that the pupil premium spend is well planned, managed and reported.
- To lead on the whole school monitoring of teaching, learning and assessment
- To ensure that the termly data report is used effectively to support the interventions lead to implement timely interventions to ensure maximum pupil progress and rapidly close attainment gaps.
- To lead and manage the induction and support of ITT and NQT (Schools direct, assessment only) and being the mentor for unqualified teachers.
- Be a qualified teacher with leadership experience.
- Have a proven track record of working with challenging pupils
- Be able to work with initiative and to tight deadlines and to show resilience under pressure.
In return we can offer:
- An enthusiastic staff team and fantastic children.
- Opportunities to develop and take on new challenges.
- A supportive and visionary leadership group.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be required to have an enhanced DBS disclosure.
The application form and job description can be downloaded here.
Completed application forms should be returned to email@example.com.
Closing Date: Tuesday 19th February 2019.