The Rowans is an Alternative Provision Academy, under the Inspiring Change Multi-Academy Trust, which provides an exciting and highly personalised holistic education for 11-16 year olds with challenging social, emotional or mental health needs.
Teachers teach small classes supported by a teaching assistant. Some pupils may have additional learning needs and some are undergoing statutory assessment.
TEACHING ASSISTANT to start November 2020
Deadline for application – Friday 2nd October 2020
33 hours per week, term-time only plus staff training days
Salary: NJC salary scale pro rata + special needs allowance of £1,324.
We are looking to appoint a teaching assistant with an understanding of the needs of pupils with social, emotional and mental health difficulties and who can inspire and encourage pupils to get the best learning experience at The Rowans. We are particularly looking for a candidate with an interest in supporting in Maths and English lessons, although this is not essential.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of an inspiring team at The Rowans.
- Have a commitment to raising standards for all young people in one or more subject areas.
- Have at least a Level 2 qualification in both Maths and English.
- Be able to use their own initiative and work well as part of a team.
- Enjoy challenging, supporting and motivating young people.
- Be highly motivated and have passion, integrity and enthusiasm to drive the school forward.
- Have a full driving license.
In return we can offer:
- A dynamic school with high expectations.
- An enthusiastic staff team and fantastic children.
- Opportunities to develop and take on new challenges.
- A supportive and visionary leadership group.
The Rowans is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be required to have an enhanced DBS disclosure.