To start ASAP – Come and join our inspirational team and make a difference to the lives of young people
TEACHING ASSISTANT – TO START ASAP
33 hours per week, term-time only plus staff training days
Salary: Salary scale D2 (£23,114-£25,979) pro rata + Special Needs Allowance of £1,455
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of an inspiring team at The Rowans AP Academy, recently rated outstanding in all areas by Ofsted (Nov 2021)
The Rowans is an Alternative Provision Academy, under the Inspiring Change Multi-Academy Trust, which provides an exciting and highly personalised holistic education for 11-16 year olds with challenging social, emotional or mental health needs.
Teachers teach small classes supported by a teaching assistant. Some pupils may have additional learning needs and some are undergoing statutory assessment.
We are looking to appoint a teaching assistant with an understanding of the needs of pupils with social, emotional and mental health difficulties and who can inspire and encourage pupils to get the best learning experience at The Rowans. We are particularly looking for a candidate with an interest in supporting across a range of curriculum areas.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of an inspiring team at The Rowans.
- Have a commitment to raising standards for all young people in one or more subject areas.
- Have at least a Level 2 qualification in both Maths and English.
- Be able to use their own initiative and work well as part of a team.
- Enjoy challenging, supporting and motivating young people.
- Be highly motivated and have passion, integrity and enthusiasm to drive the school forward.
In return we can offer:
- A dynamic school with high expectations.
- An enthusiastic staff team and fantastic children.
- Opportunities to develop and take on new challenges.
- A supportive and visionary leadership group.
The Rowans is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be required to have an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Deadline for applications – Wednesday 6th March 2024
Application forms for this post can be downloaded from our website below and should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org